quarta-feira, 26 de dezembro de 2018

Linda Hornbuckle - With No Delay (1994)

                                                            Linda Hornbuckle
"The most beautiful and powerful blues/gospel/soul voice in the Northwest, backed by the tightest and most talented band for the ultimate Double-Whammy."

"Soul Diva Meets the Blues Monsters," recorded in 1994, marked the recording debut of the late, great Portland, Oregon vocalist Linda Hornbuckle. Which is remarkable given that this incredible singer was already in her thirties at that time. When legendary drummer Bernard Purdie (Aretha Franklin, Steely Dan, Miles Davis, etc.) walked into a Portland nightclub that same year and heard Linda for the first time, he was stunned. "The way her fingers move on the microphone and her eyes go back in her head--she goes somewhere else. I hadn't seen anything like it since my days working with Aretha." Not that Linda sounds like Aretha Franklin; Linda's style was very much her own. But she has a similar impact on listeners.

Credits

Bass – Ben Jones
Drums – Brian Foxworth, Jeff Minniewether
Guitar – Peter Dammann
Keyboards – Louis Pain
Percussion – Bobby Torres
Piano – Janice Scroggins
Saxophone – Dan Fincher

Tracklist:

1. Baby I Love You 3:35
2. I Can't Stop 3:11
3. Hound Dog 4:23
4. Don't Let Temptation Turn You Around 5:46
5. As Long As I'm Moving 4:03
6. Thankful And Thoughtful 5:58
7. Do I Move You 5:18
8. I Can't Stand The Rain 4:38
9. Amazing Grace 6:45

4 comentários: