segunda-feira, 31 de dezembro de 2018

Marc Benno & The Nightcrawlers feat. Stevie Ray Vaughan - Crawlin (2006)

                                                                    Marc Benno
"I wanted to put together a blues band, and I knew the drummer had to come from Texas," Benno said, laughing. "So I put the band, Marc Benno and The Nightcrawlers, together with drummer Doyle ('Big Doyle') Bramhall, Billy Etheridge (keyboards) and Tommy McClure (bass). I asked Jimmie Vaughan to be in the band, but he said no, he just wanted to play blues, no rock. But he said, 'What about my brother?'" 
Benno met Stevie Vaughan in 1969, before the "Ray" was added and while the future guitar ace was but a teenager sitting in where and when players would let him. 
"The first time I saw him was at a club in Dallas called the End of Cole," Benno said. "He said, 'I want to sit in.' I said, 'I don't know...' He said, 'I'm Jimmie's brother.' I said, 'You can use my guitar.' But he told me he had his guitar. I think it was a 1950 Fender Broadcaster. He brought it in over his shoulder, no case. He wore a white T-shirt, Jeans, and was a11 of 100 lbs. soaking wet. 
"I remember he was real smooth, but everybody screamed. I'll never forget that night. I happened to have a Sony mono cassette recorder with me and still have the tape of that night. When I ran into him in Austin in '73, I asked him to go to Hollywood to record with us. He was pretty hesitant. He went to Jimmie and asked his advice... Jimmie told him to do it!" 
Even then, Vaughan and a guitar were one. "Stevie never liked to put the guitar down," Benno said. "Being around him was like being around a basketball star with a guitar instead of a basketball. Stevie would walk around the house with the guitar. Whatever he was doing, whatever little chore, he had the guitar. I went through a phase where I slept with my guitar, but never like him. The things he could do with a guitar, he was like an acrobat." 

Credits:

Marc Benno - Guitar, Piano, Vocals
Doyle Bramhall - Drums
Gordon de Witty - Hammond B3, Moog Synthesizer, Organ 
Billy Etheridge - Keyboards
Johnny Perez - Drums
Leland Sklar - Bass
Mike Utley - Keyboards
Stevie Ray Vaughan - Guitar

Tracklist:

01. Last Train 02:05

02. Coffee Cup 03:20

03. 8 Ball 06:23

04. Take Me Down Easy 03:24

05. Love Is Turnin Green 05:39

06. Hot Shoe Blues 02:07

07. Crawlin 03:24

08. Friends 04:33

09. Whole Thang 01:57

10. World Keep Spinnin 02:51

11. Long Ride Home 03:12

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário