quarta-feira, 19 de janeiro de 2022

Nellie Tiger Travis - Higher Ground (2005)


                                                                 Nellie Tiger Travis
 The girl’s got Soul. I’m not talking about shallow vocal tricks but deep Gladys Knight/Tina Turner Soul from the gut…

Like many Soul singers Nellie Travis’s love affair with music began at church in her hometown Mound Bayou, Mississippi. During mid 1980’s she sang lead for the Mississippi based group “SSIPP”, opening for acts from Dee Dee Warwick to Ray Charles. During this period she also recorded extensively in Memphis under the direction of Ed Townsend.

Since relocating to Chicago in 1992, Nellie has been singing throughout the Chicago, Texas, Ohio, Kentucky, California, Mississippi, New York, Indiana, Tennessee, Virginia, Michigan and Wisconsin.

Having blossomed as a blues force to be reckoned with, Nellie now performs with her band, The Men in Black. Not only is she a staple in the “Home Of The Blues” (Chicago) but she also has standing engagements overseas, performing in Greece, Germany, Brazil, Italy and Japan.

Ms. Travis released her debut CD in September 2000 titled “I Got It Like That“. It was a critically-acclaimed set of mostly original Blues. In the same year she appeared on a Japanese- backed CD featuring Shun Kikuta entitled “Heart & Soul” for Yoshinaga Ichinose M & I Co. Nellie is also featured artist on Biscuit Miller’s debut release, lending her vocal talents in a duet called “Let’s Go Fishing”.

In 2005 her CD, “Wanna Be With You“, became an underground smash on the “Southern Soul” circuit. Songs like “You Gone Make Me Cheat” & “If I Back It Up” can still be heard frequently on radio and in clubs.

This success continued in 2007 when she signed with CDS Records and released “I’m A Woman”

320kbps

Credits:

Nellie Tiger Travis - Vocals 
Shun 'Suke' Kikuta - Guitars  
Roosevelt Purifoy - Keyboards 
Felton Crews - Bass 
Brian Jones - Drums 
Johnny Iguana - Keyboards 
Harmonica Hinds - Harmonica 
Billy Branch - Harmonica 
David 'Biscuit' Miller - Bass 
Patrick Doody - Drums 
Kenny Anderson - Trumpet 
Hank Ford - Tenor Saxophone 
Billy McFarland - Trombone 

Tracklist:

01. Dirty Old Woman 04:45
02. Thrill Is Gone 05:36
03. Higher Ground 04:27
04. I'd Rather Go Blind 06:22
05. Let's Do It Again 03:56
06. Got My Mojo Working 06:20
07. Give Me One Reason 04:33
08. Oil & Water 04:11
09. I've Got Amnesia 06:12
10. One Man's Woman 04:02
11. I Got It Like That 04:36
12. Dime & A Quarter 04:02
13. Something Special 04:41
14. Get Your Groove On 04:21
15. Thinking Of You 04:11
16. Lets Go Fishing 04:54

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário