Freddie Brooks Band
West Coast harmonica ace Freddie Brooks blows hot, heavy, and lyrical on this debut outing. Coming to the table with an album chock full of his original material (no blues retreads here), Brooks surrounds himself with his regular working band plus various West Coast luminaries, including Rick Holmstrom guesting on "Back Where I Come From." Tracks to give a special listen to on this disc include "Fun to Visit," "So Damn Poor," and "Jigsaw Puzzle." A most impressive debut.
Credits:
Tyler Pedersen - Acoustic Bass, Electric Bass
Ron Felton - Drums
Jeff Ross - Guitar
Rick Holmstrom - Guitar (tracks: 5)
Skip Edwards - Organ
Fred Kaplan - Piano (tracks: 1, 3, 5, 6, 10)
Rob Rio - Piano (tracks: 7)
Skip Edwards - Piano (tracks: 4, 13)
Freddie Brooks - Vocals, Harmonica
Tracklist:
01. Fun To Visit 02:57
02. I Just Killed A Man 03:42
03. Death Row Blues 03:31
04. So Damn Poor 03:06
05. Back Where I Come From 03:23
06. You're The One I Love 04:28
07. Boogie Bill 02:19
08. Jigsaw Puzzle 04:23
09. You're Doin' Me Wrong 04:33
10. Pale Hearted Woman 03:17
11. One Little Word 02:17
12. 1000 Miles 03:06
13. First Day Of April 04:24

Nenhum comentário:
Postar um comentário