quarta-feira, 5 de maio de 2021
Junior Kimbrough - Sad Days, Lonely Nights (1998)
Junior Kimbrough
Guitarist and singer Junior Kimbrough was one of the deepest of the deep bluesmen, like his colleague R.L. Burnside he came from the hill country of Mississippi. Stark music with deep primal rhythms and drones, his music is very powerful and hypnotic. Kimbrough ran a juke joint that was the focal point of the local blues scene and was prominently featured in Robert Palmer’s documentary Deep Blues and in the founding of the influential Fat Possum record label.
"My songs, they have just the one chord, there's none of that fancy stuff you hear now, with lots of chords in one song. If I find another chord I leave it for another song."- Junior Kimbrough
Tracklist:
01. Sad Says, Lonely Nights - Full Band Version 04:22
02. Lonesome in My Home 04:34
03. Lord, Have Mercy on Me 09:54
04. Crawling King Snake 04:50
05. My Mind Is Rambling 06:21
06. Leaving in the Morning 07:19
07. Old Black Mattie 06:40
08. I'm in Love 05:04
09. Pull Your Clothes Off 04:28
10. I'm Gonna Have to Leave Here 06:35
11. Sad Days, Lonely Night - Solo Version 05:33
Assinar:
Postar comentários (Atom)


Junior Kimbrough was a legend raw blues not over produced like most of the stuff coming out of America lately
ResponderExcluirGreat share
Regards
It was blue in its essence
ResponderExcluir