sábado, 8 de maio de 2021

A Tribute To Alan Wilson & Canned Heat (To Be Completed Soon) (2018)

                                                                        A Tribute
 Including very rare tracks, the original mix of "An Owl Song", "Bad Stuff In The Air", "Sandy's Blues" and more.

Some live rare and not so rare tracks may appear in many other bootlegs, this also goes to Alan Wilson solo songs, once easy to download but now dictatored to oblivion for many of them.`
Was Alan Wilson, like Jim Morrison and others, a visionary?!
You'll decide for yourself when this compilation will be, soon, completed.......................
"Bad Stuff In The Air", by the way, announced clearly the Covid-19 era.
If you like or love Canned Heat you'll love it --- but don't sniff it! There was one thing among others that Blind Owl couldn't cope with and the degradation of the universe was one of them. "Future Blues" was just a warning.


Tracklist:

01. Introduction... Boogie Chillen Number 2, by John Lee Hooker & Canned Heat 11:33
02. Veena Raga Part 4, by Alan Wilson (The track has lots of bugs, but no other source has 0been found, sorry) 10:18
03. Jaw Harp Raga, by Alan Wilson 05:31
04. Banjo Raga, by Alan Wilson 05:22
05. Chromatic Harmonica Raga, by Alan Wilson 07:34
06. Veena Rag (Part 1), by Alan Wilson 07:29
07. Going Up The Country (Live at Woodstock), by Canned Heat 04:38
08. Veena Raga (Part 2--Turn Off The Light), by Alan Wilson 09:52
09. Veena Rag (Part 3), by Alan Wilson 09:27
10. An Owl Song (Original LP Version), by Canned Heat 02:48
11. I'm Her Man/I Know My Baby/On The Road Again (Live at Woodstock), by Canned Heat 22:06
12. The Christmas Song, by Canned Heat with The Chipmunks 02:50
13. Future Blues (Live at The Kickapoo Creek Festival), by Canned Heat 08:03
14. Henry's Shuffle, by Canned Heat 04:50
15. Help Me, by Canned Heat (Live Version, Ash Grove Club) 06:25
16. We Like To Boogie + Blind Owl's Blues, by Canned Heat 16:48
17. I Got A Woman In Hawaii, by Alan Wilson 03:47
18. Leaving Today, by Alan Wilson 03:23
19. Human Condition (Live at the Bath Festival), by Canned Heat 08:20
20. Blind Owl Piano Blues, by Alan Wilson 03:44
21. Mama Don't Mean Me No Good (Acetate), by Alan Wilson 01:36
22. Poor Moon (Original Single Version), by Canned Heat 02:42
23. The World Today, by John Lee Hooker & Canned Heat 07:48
24. Rare Piano Blues, by Alan Wilson 02:31
25. Acetate, by Alan Wilson & Bob Hite 01:57
26. "Hallelujah" Promo Jingle, by Canned Heat 00:51
27. Childhood's End/Nebulosity, by Alan Wilson 05:03
28. So Sad (World's In A Tangle), Live at Kickapoo Creek Festival, by Canned Heat 16:31
29. Interlude 00:36
30. Something's Gotta Go (Live at Bath Festival), by Canned Heat 07:46
31. Toiling, by Albert Ayler with Henry Vestine 05:08
32. Jack Hammer, by Harvey Mandel 04:59
33. Mad Dog, by Harvey Mandel 04:14

6 comentários:

  1. Thanks for this one buddy, I was a big Canned Heat fan back in the day. Got to see them in concert once, with Bob Hite & Mandel.

    ResponderExcluir
  2. Quite an interesting collection. I remember I got some of those solo Wilson home recordings in a tape swap back in the early 1970s. I had them for a long time but lost my copies along the way. Also Mandel's outstanding "Ode To The Owl" should be added to this collection. Plus there are a few tracks of Wilson backing Son House on guitar & harp, they too should be added to this.

    ResponderExcluir
  3. Glad you liked it Bob, I like the sound of the band in almost all its trajectory, but my favorite thing is with Harvey Mandel, besides his work in the band and I also like his solo career, and I also love him playing with Charlie Musselwhite.

    ResponderExcluir
  4. yep, Harvey played nice, I think Musselwhite's Stand Back is a magnificent recording, that was one hell of a band...Goldberg, Freddy Below, Charlie & Harvey, Bob Anderson. Great selection of tracks, superb recording, everybody played their hearts out.

    ResponderExcluir
  5. Yes Bob, he had great appearances on other musicians' albums, I also like his participation on both John Mayall albums.

    ResponderExcluir
  6. Hello,

    Many thanks for the postage of this great artist.
    Greetings from Switzerland - Nenest

    ResponderExcluir