The LoveVeins
The first track of this album immediately evokes live feelings in me, a feeling that does not go away until the edge of the CD is reached. It's that hard-to-describe atmosphere that you only get at festivals. "On a warm, sunny day, with an alcoholic or non-alcoholic snack in your hand, with your eyes closed, you can enjoy the musical waves that cool down like a gentle breeze", is an attempt to depict this feeling. If you like this feeling, then "Earthquake Beat", the first album by The Love Veins, is the ideal album to hibernate and make you long for the new festival summer. New band, first CD,…. it always makes me curious. Many bands still have a long way to go if they want to be embraced by music lovers. I don't have that feeling with The Love Veins because, all band members have already covered the necessary kilometers and you can hear that right away on "I'm The One To Blame", the opening track of "Earthquake Beat". These are not "Rookies" but experienced musicians who have already played down many a hall / festival in other formations. "Earthquake Beat" contains 11 songs, 10 of which were written by Gijs van der Kley (vocals harmonica) and Stanley Patty (guitars). The Love Veins also consists of Hennie Schreurs (bass) and Peter Steeghs on drums. Most of the songs can be described as "Feel good blues", blues that are so pleasant to listen to that the annoyance disappears like snow in the sun at a red traffic light. The CD is a succession of mainly swinging blues, without a slow blues, although "I'm Left, I'm leaving" comes a bit close. My personal favorite is 'When I Step Out Of The Haze', driving bass and drums, complaining harmonica and playing a guitar with a steady hand without coming to the fore, are the ingredients of this song, but also the power of this well-oiled blues machine. "She Belongs To Me" (Magic Sam) is the only cover, but fits perfectly in the list of self-written songs, which somehow sound like a continuous whole. "Grocery Store" is another swinging song that goes like a train and that "Sweet Donut" pulls along like a wagon. The title track ends with the title track and this song, which is punctuated by Rockabilly influences, also rocks. I saw the band as the opener of the Baeker Blues Side Festival and there too the set consisted mostly of their own songs, which were well received by the audience present. The way they sounded there, that's how they sound on this CD and I wouldn't be surprised if this album was recorded in one take. Things must go crazy if The Love Veins will not be at the bigger festivals next year.
Tracklist:
01. I'm The One To Blame 03:52
02. Kingsize Baby 04:12
03. I'm In A Hurry 05:02
04. Walking Down The Street 03:22
05. Like A Spider 03:26
06. When I Step Out Of The Haze 03:52
07. She Belongs To Me 05:01
08. Sweet Little Donut 03:39
09. Grocery Store 03:21
10. I'm Left, I'm Leaving 04:49
11. Earthquake Beat 02:37

Nenhum comentário:
Postar um comentário