terça-feira, 16 de fevereiro de 2021

The Elks - Refer To Drawer (1978)


                                                                        The Elks
 In early 1978 The Elks recorded their first and only LP, "Refer To Drawer". The original master tapes tapes have now been lost. This CD release duplicates the tracks on the original album with live versions, presented in the original album order. 
As we never recorded 'Sitting In The Dark' live, I have included the original LP recording, remastered from my vinyl copy. Joe Camilleri from Jo Jo Zep & The Falcons plays the beautiful alto sax solo. Wilbur Wylde from The Falcons plays saxes on quite a few of the other tracks.


Credits:

Howard Shawcross - Bass, Vocals   
Reg Zar - Drums, Percussion  
John Hood - Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Harmonica, Mandolin   
Dave Brewer - Electric Guitar, Slide Guitar, Dobro, Piano, Percussion, Vocals   
Ivan Zar - Harmonica, Electric Guitar, Percussion   
Terry Serio - Lead Vocals   
Wilbur Wilde - Tenor Saxophone, Baritone Saxophone   

Tracklist:

01. Down In The Bottom 03:57 
02. Slop Around 02:09 
03. I'm A Lover, Not A Fighter 02:27 
04. South Sea Shuffle 03:05 
05. Nature 03:16 
06. She's Into Something 03:06 
07. Chicago Bound 02:14 
08. Cadillac 03:25 
09. Sitting In The Dark 04:23 
10. All Aboard 04:48 
11. Fast Buck 04:19 
12. Mighty Crazy 04:42 

4 comentários:

  1. Thanks for this, I know these guys well and played in an earlier band with most of them and jammed at various times with the others. Saw the Elk play live in Perth pubs a few times.

    ResponderExcluir
  2. Wow how cool, every time I post the CD of a musician or band from Australia I keep thinking that you probably know. Don't you have any material recorded with them? Hug!!

    ResponderExcluir
  3. If it's a band from Perth circa 1968-1978, especially a blues band, then I'll know the guys 100% and probably played/jammed with them at some time. If it's a band from another part of Australia then I'll know of them, and may have met a few of them at some time. I did record a live Elks show at a pub in Perth around 1977, but it was on cassette and some years ago I tried to digitalize the cassette but something happened (can't remember now) and it was damaged so I junked it. I played with the Elks one evening in a pub in Fremantle and jammed with earlier incarnations of the band on a few occasions. I don't play any more, don't even own a guitar.

    ResponderExcluir
  4. What a pity that you lost that material, it sure should be very interesting.

    ResponderExcluir