Canned Heat
Canned Heat is the 1967 debut album by Canned Heat. It was released shortly after their appearance at the Monterey Pop Festival, and is a blues cover album.
Credits:
Bob Hite - Vocals
Alan Wilson - Guitar, Vocals, Harmonica
Henry Vestine - Guitar
Larry Taylor - Bass
Frank Cook - Drums
Tracklist:
01. Rollin' and Tumblin' (Muddy Waters) 03:11
02. Bullfrog Blues (William Harris) 02:20
03. Evil Is Going On (Willie Dixon) 02:24
04. Goin' Down Slow (St. Louis Jimmy Oden) 03:48
05. Catfish Blues (Robert Petway) — 6:48
06. Dust My Broom (Robert Johnson, Elmore James) 03:18
07. Help Me (Sonny Boy Williamson II) 03:12
08. Big Road Blues (Tommy Johnson) 03:15
09. The Story of My Life (Guitar Slim) 03:43
10. The Road Song (Floyd Jones) — 3:16
11. Rich Woman (Dorothy LaBostrie, Millet) 03:04
Bonus tracks:
12. On The Road Again (Alternate Take) 07:06
13. Nine Below Zero 04:10
14. TV Mama 06:22

Thanks for this buddy. I bought the LP in 1967 and played it to death. Had the cassette for playing in my car in the 1970s, had the CD in the 80s & 90s. These days I have it in MP3. However, I didn't have this bonus edition, so now I've got it again. A truly timeless album, always sounds good. The original Canned Heat made some wonderful recordings.
ResponderExcluirBTW: you know the front cover photo is accidentally reversed? Guess someone flipped the neg in the printing department.
Hi Bob, I didn't know about this cover story, I really like the guitar tones and how they play Boogie Blues.
ResponderExcluirYes the cover was reversed on the original LP and every release since but included in the folder of this one here from you is the corrected cover - first time I've seen it. And great guitar tones, Henry Vestine was one of my most favorite guitar players, he had a wonderful warm fuzzy tone, and I liked the modal/raga-rock runs that frequently mixed in with the standard blues licks.
ResponderExcluirI also like his style of playing guitar, he has a warm tone and great dynamics, it seems that he uses a lot of Hammer On and Pull Off on the solos.
ResponderExcluir