segunda-feira, 20 de janeiro de 2020
Little Sonny Jones - New Orleans Rhythm & Blues (1975)
Little Sonny Jones
Born Johnny Jones, the singer picked up his enduring nickname from his pal Fats Domino when they were both playing at the Hideaway Club in the ninth ward during the late '40s. Fats kept him employed as a warm-up act until 1961. This set accurately recreates the Crescent City R&B sound of the '50s, thanks to Little Sonny Jones's rich singing and the efforts of veterans Dave "Fat Man" Williams on piano and vocals, saxists Clarence Ford and David Lastie, guitarist Justin Adams, bassist Frank Fields, and drummer Robert French. Jones came out to play the annual Jazz & Heritage Festival until his 1989 death of heart failure, at the age of 58. This CD was recorded in 1975.
Tracklist:
01. I Would If I Could 03:50
02. I'm Loaded 02:51
03. Don't You Hear Me Calling You? 04:43
04. Certainly All 02:03
05. Do You Really Love Me Baby? 03:12
06. She's My Desire 02:46
07. Further Up The Road 02:45
08. Worried Blues 03:14
09. Is Everything Allright? 02:34
10. Here I Stand With My Heart In My Hand 03:52
11. I Called You Baby 03:33
Assinar:
Postar comentários (Atom)


Nenhum comentário:
Postar um comentário