quinta-feira, 10 de dezembro de 2020

The Juke Joints - Dancing Shoes (1986)


                                                                    The Juke Joints
 The Juke Joints, one of the major bluesbands in The Netherlands, perform their music troughout Europe (and US) for over 30 years now !

The band has been touring extensively, including frequent visits to England and Ireland.
They continue to perform on stages in Holland, France, Germany, Belgium, Latvia, Curaçao, Scandinavia and the USA. They were the first European band to play the prestigious DeltaBlues Festival in Greenville, Mississippi sharing the bill with Little Feat, Dr. John and BB King !

They have shared stages with the best that blues has to offer: Kim Wilson, Buddy Guy,Little Charlie & the Nightcats, The Paladins, Walter Trout, Rod Piazza & The Mighty Flyers, The Nighthawks, Bernard Allison, Van Morrison, Bonnie Raitt, George Thorogood, Roomful of Blues, Jim Suhler & Monky Beat, Joe Bonamassa and Johnny Winter.


Credits:

Jaap Bouwense - Bass  
Peter Kempe - Drums, Lead Vocals  
Rinus Oudejans - Guitar 
Richard Eversdijk - Harmonica, Backing Vocals  
Paul Notebaart - Organ  

Tracklist:

01. Imagination 03:24
02. Chicken Shack 02:32
03. Extra Jimmies 02:30
04. I Smell Trouble 04:54
05. Babe Ruth 02:18
06. Heartbeat 03:43
07. The Only Road I Know 03:19
08. Dancing Shoes 02:46
09. Don't Let You Down 04:21
10. Tear It Up 03:12
11. Destination 03:52

8 comentários:

  1. have enjoyed very much dipping in and out of all thse blues albums that you have neverv heard of and getting to know unknown artists.wonderful site. would be nice though if the albums from earlier years could re appear as many are expired.

    ResponderExcluir
  2. Hi my friend, I'm very happy that you liked my blog! If you want a CD that the link has expired, just let me know that if I still have the CD I will replace it, I say this because I lost some materials when two external drives spoiled me. A hug!!

    ResponderExcluir
  3. You`re welcome my friend muddyw123!!

    ResponderExcluir
  4. Thankyou very much for your kind reply. Its murder when you lose a hard drive I know and its even worse as it took ages due to having an antiquated internet delivery system here in Scotland that delivers kbs/sec download speeds to listen and build up a collection of my favourite music the blues. I will look through the old albums and let you know what I think looks good.

    ResponderExcluir
  5. Hi my friend, I know it is a slow internet, my internet is 10 megabytes and very slow. If you are interested in some that have the outdated link let me know. a hug!!

    ResponderExcluir
  6. In 1986, I was at De Paap in Den Haag and bought the Dancing Shoes album there after they played. The band signed the cover above their photos on the back. At the time I was a U.S. Marine stationed there. I just took it out of a box I had in storage. Great memories!!

    ResponderExcluir
  7. How cool my friend, I'm glad this post brought you good memories.

    ResponderExcluir