quinta-feira, 27 de agosto de 2020

Little Sonny - Sonny Side Up (1995)


                                                                     Little Sonny
Aaron 'Little Sonny' Willis (born 1932) is an American bluesman, accordion player, singer and songwriter. Sonny Boy Williamson II was his early mentor and inspiration. However, Little Sonny has stated that his mother gave him his nickname. He has released eight albums, including three for a subsidiary of Stax Records. His 1973 release, Hard Goin 'Up, reached the Top 50 on the US Billboard R&B chart. Sonny's music has been called everything from blues to jazz, and some listeners discover gospel and rock influences. He loves to listen and learn from all types of music. “I'm working on my own ideas,” Sonny says. “Not what the other person has done. Many other blues musicians say that I play rock music because it's up-tempo and it's a different style. They've never done it before. have not heard and refuse to say that this is the blues. "


Credits:

Little Sonny - Vocals, Harmonica
Anthony G. Willis - Bass
Aaron Willis Jr. - Guitar
Butch Lomax - Drums
Don Whyte - Keyboards

Tracklist:

01. Sonny Side Up 05:43 
02. Positive Mind 04:34 
03. I Got To Find My Baby 04:32 
04. Let Me Love You 06:07 
05. Ready Set Go 04:53 
06. The Best Of The Best 05:49 
07. I'm With You All The Way 04:19 
08. Tough Times Never Last 04:56 
09. The Next Dance With You 04:45 

5 comentários: