quarta-feira, 27 de novembro de 2024

Tubesnakes - Texas Minded (2002)

                                                                       Tubesnakes
 Tubesnakes is a blues rock band from Stord, Vestland. The band was established in 1994. Since the band's first CD "Tubesnakes" (1998), they have played numerous concerts at clubs and festivals in Norway and abroad.

At the same time, the development of the music has been formidable from honest and faithful Blues in '98 via hairy Bluesrock on the album "Texas Minded" (2002) as well as Countryblues recorded in Nashville, for the company "Wild Oats Records". (2004 With Lars O Vad.)

In 2014, the band's third album "Walking" was released, as a tribute to the late Lars Vad, former frontman songwriter and guitarist who passed away suddenly in 2013. The band's new guitarist and vocalist Rolf Martin Haldorsen was involved and made it possible to complete the album, when everything was in ruins after the tragic passing of Lars.

Tubesnakes released their fourth studio album, "Tarred and Feathered," in 2019, and in 2023 the band traveled to Texas to record songs for their next full-length album, "Navasota TX." Tubesnakes' longtime collaborator Randy Pavlock was in charge of producing. The recording was done in Pavlock's own studio located outside the university town of College Station.

320 kbps
157 Megabytes

Cedits:

Johnny Stensletten - Bass   
Per Inge Stensletten - Drums, Percussion   
Lars Vad - Guitar, Vocals  
Rune Rødne - Organ, Piano   
Alan Haynes - ( Guitar in track 03)  
John McVey - ( Guitar in track 08 )
Jan Flaaten - (Harmonica and jokes in tracks 02,03)

Tracklist:

01. In Your Mind 04:03
02. Woman With A Gun 04:34
03. You Dont Know Loving Yet 05:41
04. Getting Of This Ride 04:20
05. Fever 05:32
06. Matchbox 03:28
07. But My Babe 06:06
08. Oldest Blues Of All 04:16
09. All Beat Up Over You 05:57
10. Come On In This House 05:13
11. Love That Burns 10:10
12. Long Shot 04:24

8 comentários:

  1. nice to see you back :-)

    ResponderExcluir
  2. One of my favorite albums is Alan Haynes' LIVE AT THE BIG EASY, which I downloaded from your post in September 2021. So I was excited by this Tubesnakes album. The album is good, but Haynes only appears on track 3, unfortunately for me! :( The cover of Peter Green's "Love That Burns" makes up for it though! Thanks for this and all the other music!!!

    [From discogs: Fantastic album with guest Alan Haynes (guitar in track 3), John McVey (guitar in track 8), and Jan Flaaten (harmonica and jokes in tracks 2,3)]

    ResponderExcluir
    Respostas
    1. Hi my friend! I'm glad to be doing this work for the blog's friends. I'm leaving a link to a bootleg CD by Alan Haynes. I hope you like it. Hugs!! https://mega.nz/file/GVdXADYR#SUMfd2UnPuzkOKVtGUe2s1cAnHJ6XfZ1HG2EfSmh3kA

      Excluir
    2. Over two hours of Alan Haynes live? It doesn't get better than that! Thank you very much - it was very kind of you. I can't imagine you being able to deeply listen to all the music you discover and post, but, trust me, we readers collectively give close and repeated listenings to the music!

      Excluir
    3. Hello my friend! It is very difficult for me to listen to all these CDs. I end up having to listen to them on the way home from work and vice versa. In my free time at work, I try to listen to them too. I have my favorite CDs and I listen to them most often. But I try to listen to all the CDs that I will post on the blog, even if sometimes I can't do it until the end. A hug.

      Excluir