sexta-feira, 13 de julho de 2018

Duster Bennett Feat. Peter Green - Out In The Blue (1995)

                                                             Duster Bennett
Duster Bennett Feat. Peter Green - Out In The Blue (1995)

 1. Worried Mind (2:51)
 2. I've Been A Fool (3:20)
 3. I Wonder, I Wonder (Feat. Top Topham) (7:21)
 4. Down The Road (Feat. Top Topham) (6:34)
 5. Trying So Hard To Forget (Feat. Peter Green) (5:15)
 6. Kind Hearted Woman (Feat. Peter Green) (2:30)
 7. Coming, I'm Coming (Feat. Peter Green) (1:44)
 8. I'm Thinking About A Woman (Feat. Peter Green) (6:19)
 9. Two Harps (Feat. Peter Green) (1:40)
10. Everybody's Got A Friend But Me (3:17)
11. Blues With A Feeling (2:56)
12. As Years Roll By (Instrumental) (3:21)
13. I Don't Wanna Fuss (3:35)
14. Sleep With Myself (4:11)
15. Losing Love (3:50)
16. Everyday (3:11)

Odds and ends, mostly from 1966-68, with a few tracks from 1975 and 1976, the year Bennett was killed in a car wreck. Two tracks feature fine lead guitar by Duster's longtime friend (and original Yardbird) Top Topham - home tapes worthy of inclusion if only for Top's amazing and expressive vibrato.

Five tracks feature Peter Green, including a demo of his "Trying So Hard to Forget" that's especially moody and the fascinating snippet "Two Harps" instrumental duet (unaccompanied harmonicas, as the title implies), showing the similarity in the pair's harp styles. The final cut, "Everyday," from 1976, sets one of Bennett's finest vocal performances against a string backdrop. What a contrast to the one-man band shouting "Worried Mind" - and it works. /Dan Forte, AllMusic

Additional info: Tracks 13-15 are credited to the band "Thirty Days" featuring Duster Bennett (vocals, guitar, harmonica); Keith Randall (vocals, guitar, harmonica): Richard Ford (vocals, bass, drums).

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário